Holiday Mood quilted zipper bag – and friends
One more finish to share in my quilt studio diary! Here is my most recent finish, the Holiday Mood / Lomatunnelma quilted zipper bag. The name doesn’t refer to my feelings by the way: the zipper pouch just reminds me of holiday moods.
Here it poses on a different garden chair than my usual choices: You may remember that the previous post on the Little Black zipper pouch showed the ancient but picturesque garden bench. This chair is of a later vintage but thanks to spending most of its life outdoors, it had lost almost all its colour. Because it had not aged as gracefully as that bench, I decided to refinish it this spring, and now it looks almost as good as new.
To keep better track of my quilt bag photos, I always name one side of the zipper bag as “the other side,” which means that the other side is the representative side. Usually both sides do please my eye rather equally, though. This is “the other side” of Holiday Mood: The above picture shows the underside of the hexagon piece at the end of the zipper. You may remember that I made a whole bunch of EPP hexies during our summer break at a cottage in August.
And this picture shows the top side of that hexagon: I got this fabric piece from a quilter friend. Many of the quilters I know seem to grow tired of their scrap pieces at some point, and for some reason, quite often they offer those to me. I wonder why…
This time, I chose straight lines for the quilting pattern. On this side of Holiday Mood quilted zipper bag, I echoed the lines on one of the scrappy pieces: And the other side got the simplest of the simple straight lines. As you can see, the perhaps unimaginative straight-line stitching doesn’t make a zipper bag look boring when the quilt surface is colourful and interesting enough: The Holiday Mood quilted zipper bag is again of the Open series of pouches and its dimensions are the following:
Here it poses on a different garden chair than my usual choices: You may remember that the previous post on the Little Black zipper pouch showed the ancient but picturesque garden bench. This chair is of a later vintage but thanks to spending most of its life outdoors, it had lost almost all its colour. Because it had not aged as gracefully as that bench, I decided to refinish it this spring, and now it looks almost as good as new.
To keep better track of my quilt bag photos, I always name one side of the zipper bag as “the other side,” which means that the other side is the representative side. Usually both sides do please my eye rather equally, though. This is “the other side” of Holiday Mood: The above picture shows the underside of the hexagon piece at the end of the zipper. You may remember that I made a whole bunch of EPP hexies during our summer break at a cottage in August.
And this picture shows the top side of that hexagon: I got this fabric piece from a quilter friend. Many of the quilters I know seem to grow tired of their scrap pieces at some point, and for some reason, quite often they offer those to me. I wonder why…
This time, I chose straight lines for the quilting pattern. On this side of Holiday Mood quilted zipper bag, I echoed the lines on one of the scrappy pieces: And the other side got the simplest of the simple straight lines. As you can see, the perhaps unimaginative straight-line stitching doesn’t make a zipper bag look boring when the quilt surface is colourful and interesting enough: The Holiday Mood quilted zipper bag is again of the Open series of pouches and its dimensions are the following:
- Width at the top: 20 cm (around 7-3/4")
- Height: 14 cm (around 5,5")
- Depth on the bottom: 5 cm (around 2")
One more finish to share in my quilt studio diary! Here is my most recent finish, the Holiday Mood / Lomatunnelma quilted zipper bag. The name doesn’t refer to my feelings by the way: the zipper pouch just reminds me of holiday moods.






Comments