Finished Anecdote quilted zipper bag

In an earlier post about my three ongoing quilting projects, I already showed one set of zipper bag panels after quilting and trimming. I also mentioned that I’d finished the bag but not taken photos yet because the weather was so bad. In case you don’t remember, this is how the panels looked:
On the very next day, the weather was favourable again and I was able to take the finished zipper bag to our garden to find suitable places for it to pose in. One of the places this time was a concrete slab which may or may not have supported a flagpole some time in the past.

That day, the concrete slab only needed to support something pretty light: my quilted zipper bag called Anecdote / Tositarina:
Next, I picked up the bag and moved it about half a yard to the left, to pose on a stone step. Do you think that the owls on this side are surprised to see all that moss growing on the steps?
When I looked at this photo, I had to go back to the picture of the quilted and trimmed pieces - I was so surprised to see how close to the bottom the owls seemed to be in the finished zipper, compared to their placement in the panels. The bottom takes up a lot of the quilted surface! (Now, one might think that a person who has made 360+ zipper bags wouldn't be surprised by that but I was. Again!)

Anecdote is again one of my Open/Avoin series of quilted zipper bag and its strategic measurements are the following:
  • Width at the top: 21,5 cm (around 8-1/2")
  • Height: 16 cm (around 6-1/4")
  • Depth on the bottom: 7 cm (around 2-3/4")
In that earlier post about my September projects, I also shared pictures of the English-paper-pieced hexagon shapes that I’d sewn during our cottage vacation. I mentioned that some of those hexies would eventually be used as zipper end tabs, and I wasn’t wrong. Anecdote got a hexie featuring a bird on its most visible side:
I was able to run amazingly neat top stitches on the tab this time!

Here is a real portrait of the Anecdote quilted zipper bag which is only the ninth I’ve finished this year so far:
My average number of zipper bags to finish per year is 22. I will have to be busy for the next weeks and months if I want to reach even this average number! (However, I do have two other finished zipper bags waiting to be introduced to the public, so my situation isn’t quite as dire.)

If you want to make sure that you will get to see the other two quilted zipper bags too, subscribe to my biweekly email newsletter. In the newsletters, I share links to my latest blog posts. Subscribe to my biweekly newsletter.

(When subscribing, remember to take the second step: you will get an email asking you to confirm. My emailing system can only send you the newsletters if you have clicked on the button in that email.)

Comments

Most popular this week

Splendid colour tips for quilters: Using white in quilts

tilkkupinnat pussukkaan. blogiarvonta.

vetoketju pussukkaan! 6 vinkkiä vetoketjun ompelemiseen.